About the Role
Keycarrier 1 is under the supervision of store manager/assistant manager and acts in a management role in their absence. This individual is responsible for providing an extraordinary experience for Salon Brands customers which includes maintaining a high-energy, positive environment, where behaviors that support customer centered service are consistently demonstrated. This individual will have responsibility to open and close the store on a regular basis. This individual demonstrates a high level of professionalism when interacting with staff and customers. Minimum average hourly requirement of 20 to 29 hours per week required.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· All duties and responsibilities as detailed for Clerk 2
· Guides Clerks to complete tasks and achieve goals
· In the absence of manager/assistant manager supervises sales floor, completes store opening and closing procedures, including following all checklists, coaching Clerks and maintaining loss prevention standards
· Demonstrates a passion for company products and services
· Addresses all customer concerns and questions promptly and with professionalism; seeks upper management support when needed
· Executes responsibilities with cash drawers per company policy including returns, exchanges and loyalty programs
· Ensures customers are aware of current promotions, events and services available within the store
· Has the ability to serve multiple customers at one time while maintaining composure during busy or peak selling times
· In between serving customers, ensures merchandising of all products to company standards on shelves and displays
· Executes other operational tasks as directed by management, including inventory integrity processes
· Responsible for overall store cleanliness including restrooms, backrooms, sales floor and salon throughout the day
· Takes the initiative to stay informed regarding new or existing products and is knowledgeable about their ingredients and benefits to better serve customers
· High school diploma
· 2 years relevant work experience or equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience with an emphasis in merchandising preferred
· 1 year lead experience in a retail environment preferred
· Demonstrates competency in sales, products and services within the beauty industry
· Ability to delegate and multitask
· Knowledge of retail merchandising practices
· Ability to troubleshoot
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team
· Ability to build and maintain strong customer relationshipsOn a regular basis, requires the ability to walk, reach with hands and arms, stand for a minimum of 3-8 hours, and lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
· On a frequent basis, requires the ability to stoop, kneel and crouch'
About the Company
Since 1989, Salon Brands has been a family-owned full-service salon and retail store. We're based in Wichita, KS with 7 locations across the Midwest that are all open to the public. We proudly sell over 10,000 professional beauty products including Matrix, Pureology, Amika, Moroccanoil, Sexy Hair, Redken, and more. Hair's to volumizing your career! Apply to join our fun, growing team!